Frequently asked questions

What age do i need to be to drive the motorhome.

Must be over 25 and under 75 and held a licence for 2 years or more. Older drivers can be accomodated but may need to pay a higher security deposit.

Do I need a special driving licence?

All our motorhomes can be driven on a standard car licence. More infomation can be found in our terms and conditions

What if i have points on my driving licence?

Its OK as long as you dont have more than 6 points for minor convictions (speeding) and no major convictions (drink driving etc) on your license. No major accidents (involving claims above £5,000) in the last 3 years.

How old are the motorhomes?

Our motorhomes are typically under 2 years old, they are all owned outright by ourselves and we take great pride in presenting them in perfect condition. You will be given ample opportunity to inspect them prior to your departure to make sure you're happy. All we ask is that you return them in the same condition they went out.

Can I come and have a look at them before I decide?

Of course you can, they are all stored at our depot in Conwy (LL28 5DF). You should call to arrange a visit and to make certain the ones you want to look at are onsite. We're open from 9am - 5pm weekdays and weekends

Are they manual or automatic gearboxes?

Our motorhomes have manual 6 speed gear boxes

Do they have bike racks?

Yes some of our motorhomes have bike racks please ask at the time of booking to ensure your allocate motorhome has a bike rack fitted. The bike racks can carry up to 4 bikes

Do they come with tow bars?

Unfortunately non of our motorhomes have tow bars fitted.

What MPG do you get out of a motorhome?

They're not the most aerodynamic but they do have 6 speed gearboxes. Obviously your fuel consumption will depend whether you're tootling around country roads or cruising down the motorway but on a typical hire you'll average 25- 30 mpg.

Can I take it outside the UK?

Yes you can travel anywhere in Europe but there is an additional cost. We provide you with all the extra kit you need as part of the price (flourescent vests, breathalyser kits, warning triangles, beam benders etc). You will need to inform us beforehand because it requires a specific insurance cover. It also requires additional breakdown and recovery services.

Do you have pet-friendly motorhomes?

Yes but you need to discuss with us in advance. There will be a small additional fee to pay to cover the deep clean.

Do your prices include VAT?

Our prices all include VAT

Do we have to replace the LPG gas we’ve used?

You will use gas for cooking and if you’re not in a campsite with an electrical hook up, you will also use it to power your fridge, hot water and central heating. You will start your hire with two bottles of LPG gas on board, These should be replenished before returning the vehicle. They can be filled at many petrol stations, there is one very close by to our depot, please ask if your unsure.

Does the motorhome come with bedding?

Each motorhome has quilts and pillows provided, and bedding an be provided at a small additonal cost . 2 Berth - £20 4 Berth - £28 6 Berth - £30

Can I fit child seats, do they have Isofix?

None of the motorhomes have Isofix fastenings (the clips that many child seats bolt into) but they do have proper seat belts in the back so you need to ensure that your child seat can be fixed using just a seat belt.

Is there a minimum number of nights for a booking?

The minimum hire period is 3 nights, you can take it for less but you will pay the equivalent of 3 nights hire. We do release shorter hires to fill gaps on occasions so keep an eye on the price and availability area of the website.

Is there a limit on mileage?

No, you have unlimited milage.

Is breakdown cover included?

Yes all our motorhomes are covered for breakdown and recovery across the UK. If you are taking it abroad there is a supplement to pay as you will need additional paperwork and Green Card cover which we will supply.

How much does it cost to reserve a motorhome?

We take £200 per week on booking, the balance of the hire needs to be paid at least 6 weeks before your first day of hire.

How much notice do you need to give?

During the kids summer holidays we get very booked up with hires typically running Saturday to Saturday each week. During July and August you need to book well (months) in advance. Out of season hires can be booked last minute depending on availability but we need at least 24 hours advance notice.

What time and days can I collect my motorhome?

Depending on availability, we offer Monday and Friday collections and returns. Collection is after 2pm on the first day, on occasions it may be possible to collect earlier but don’t rely on this. Book a late afternoon ferry if you're going abroad. It is important that you are punctual, we have a large number of turnarounds during the busy season, and if you’re late you may miss your slot and have to wait till much later.

When do I need to return it by?

Unless agreed in advance, all motorhomes must be returned by 11am on the final day of hire. This is particularly important in the high season when we have very tight turnaround times. You wouldn't want to be delayed leaving if the hirer before you brought theirs back late, so please plan to be back before 11am. More info in our terms and conditions

Can I leave my car with you?

No problem, we charge £3 a day, we have secure parking on site but we cannot accept responsibility for damage or theft.

What do I need to bring with me on the day?

Drivers will need to come holding their license, National Insurance number plus another form of ID with your name and address on it (utility bill, official letter etc) and a credit or debit card (in their name) to pay the security deposit. Security deposits are taken on the day of hire, everything else is paid in advance.

How do security deposits work and when do I get the money back?

Standard security deposit on a UK license (staying within the UK) is £1,000. This increases to £1,500 if you're on a foreign license or leaving the UK. This is typically pre-authorised on a credit card. The money does not leave your account but will be ring fenced by your bank. If you pay using a debit card, the money will be physically taken. Provided the motorhome is returned in the same state it was when it left, it is full of fuel, the toilet is empty and clean, none of the utensils are missing and it is generally clean and tidy you will receive your full deposit back. Unless a deductin needs to be made, we aim to get the deposits returned within 10 working days. Whislt the money is ring-fenced we do not hold it, your own bank may need chasing if the preauthorisation has not been released within 10 working days.

How do you deal with damages or losses?

We want you to have a great time but you need to be fully aware that you are responsible for the motorhome and its contents. Accidents do happen and unfortunately things do get broken. Due to their lightweight design, they are pretty flimsy, remember they are made out of fibreglass not steel so when you hit something you will come off worse! Likewise the internal fittings are lightweight so also delicate, please go easy and never try and force anything. We are completely transparent when it comes to charging for damage repair, we try to make it as painless as possible but there will be some extra costs. We charge you for the cost of the replacement part and the admin time it takes to source it, send it and fit it.

What are the most common things that get broken?

• Window blinds and window stays
• Door locks (they are made of out of plastic inside so be gentle)
• Roof lights and side windows, do a quick check they're shut tight before driving anywhere, they will blow open and off!
• Wing mirrors getting clipped by oncoming vehicles (particularly vans).
• Waste taps and pipes underneath (they’re very low so often get knocked off on bumpy tracks)
• Bed slats getting snapped if they're stood or knelt on or jumped up and down on!

Do you offer any kind of Collisin Damage Waiver to protect my security deposit?

Yes we can put you in touch with a company that can protect this for you. Depending on your age and destination you will typically pay about £70 to cover the £1,000. In the event of a claim we will deduct money from your card and then present you with an itemised repair bill for you to present to your insurer for a refund. You should read your insurance cover carefullly as you may find they do not cover certain things (like roof damage).

What happens if I have paid by initial booking fee (£200 per week) in advance but then have to cancel before I have paid the balance ?

The initial booking fee is non refundable. However if your motorhome is re-rented to someone else, for the full period that you had originally booked, we reserve the right to return the initial booking fee pro rata, minus a £50 admin fee. We will always offer you the option to postpone the booking to a later date and use the advance booking fee as a credit against that hire.

What happens if I've paid in full but then have to cancel ?

We will offer you the chance to postpone the booking, this is subject to availablity. All payments (other than the security deposit) are non refundable. Holiday insurance cover is advised to safegaurd against this possibility.

I've never been in a motorhome before how does it work?

Many of our customers are first timers, don't panic. Everyone gets a thorough handover and instructed on how everything works before their hire starts: hot water, heating, control panels, gas and electric, bed making. It's a lot to take on so we provide you with easy to follow guides (with pictures!). By the second night you'll be doing it like a pro. If you get stuck the best thing to do is ask someone in a motorhome on your campsite, they'll be only too happy to help. If you're really stuck you can always call us during office hours.

Where can I stay in my motorhome?

Provided you are on private property and you have the permission of the landowner to park there, you can park pretty much anywhere and sleep. Don't park on the side of the road, you will likely get moved on in the middle of the night. Your best bet is to plan a route and book into somewhere official. There are hundreds of campsites and caravan parks around the UK. These range from farmers fields to purpose built resorts but do check if they can accomodate motorhomes of more than 6 meters long. In the summer months book well in advance, particularly around July and August time. We've got some routes around Wales wtih campsites that all take motorhomes.

What is your policy regarding smoking in a motorhome?

We operate a no smoking policy in the motorhomes for obvious reasons, please smoke outside and avoid ashtrays inside the motorhomes. There is a fine for smoking in the motorhomes, more info in our terms and conditions.

Are there different speed limits for motorhomes and if so what are they?

Motorhomes are subject to the same speed limits as cars unless their weight exceeds 3.5 tonnes, or they exceed 8 passenger seats.
The Caravan Club has produced a table of general European speed limits here:

Does the fridge work even when you're not plugged into an electrical supply?

The motorhome is completely self-sufficient in terms of hot water, fridge freezer and heating this can all be run off the gas. The internal lights run from the on-board leisure battery. This can be recharged whilst driving or by plugging into a 240v connection at a camp site. Please note, If you're not hooked up to the mains, the microwave and plug sockets in the van WILL NOT WORK. If you are going to be wild camping for seveeral days without the ability to hook up, you might consider hiring one of our petrol gennys' these will rechage the leisure battery.